Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Rishtey

Had so many things to write over the past few weeks but the eternal procrastinator chose not to and finally i write one in my blues which has become so banal.

frankly this is not the usual "blues" i find myself in, but a rather "outsider" view of my experiences. tat sounds funny .. doesn't it :) .. let's not bother about it..

I have been wondering a lot as to why relations between any two people change.. why is it so volatile ? Before I go ahead let me also tell you that there is nothing "bollywood-ish" to be read in between my lines :)..

Throughout our lives, we get close to so many people: Be it a cousin, a close friend, an office colleague or a classmate... You seem to have found someone with whom u can fearlessly express urself, understand the other person, with whom u feel uninhibited about anything.. u don't have to act but can be urself... But somewhere down the line, the warmth, the closeness doesn't remain for long but rather fades away.. It seems to be a factor of geographic distance , the "communication frequency", differing interests, and so many more such dependent variables that start creeping into the equation...

I started thinking about all these when I was listening to one of my favorite songs penned by Kaifi Azmi.. Check out these last two lines of the song in Jagjit's voice after the writer makes a series of questions about "Rishtey" and then beautifully stops with this question that can set anyone wondering abt it !

kehte hain pyaar kA rishtaa
hai janam kA rishtaa
hai janam kA jo ye rishtaa to badaltaa kyon hain ?


You have to actually listen to the whole song to get its flavor (from the movie, Arth)

On a different note, I saw Shwaas last week. Its an absolutely terrific movie ! It definitely deserved not only an Oscar nomination but also an award (which it didn't). All the performances are very natural; Ashwin chitale who plays the (to be)blind child is simply superb ! The movie is based on a true incident. let me not divulge the story before you watch it!

Current Music: Aksar kyun yun lage ke tum koi aur ho (Shaan)

No comments:

Categories

Blog Archive

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.