Thursday, July 15, 2004

An umpteenth interest

I am an avid thinker..atleast so I proclaim :) .. Ever since I was in my high school, I used to write on things, I strongly felt about.. But most of them were in notebooks that were lost, or in drafts folder of my e-mail boxes which I had to delete as there was no gmail then :) .. I took up blogging a few months ago when I first saw sharat doing it, but then somehow gave up in the middle like any one of my umpteen interests- a true gemini that I am... Here is one more attempt, but I am vowing this time again that this is a more focused and sincere attempt ;)

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading or do things worth the writing" --Benjamin Franklin

If I were to choose any two professions that I would love to spend all my life without any regret, it would be being a writer or a film-maker, Both of them offer so much of freedom for expression and a powerful platform for creativity and in reaching out to people.

Today, I have been feeling very lonely :( , not that I feel otherwise a lot of other times :)) ... If I think about it I only have a handful of people I know around me to talk to or share things with.. It has been nearly two years since I came to the US for my studies.. Though I have gained a lot academically, I would have loved to have more friends by now.. Not that I am a total introvert, but there are a lot of other factors for that.. and ofcourse people are busier here than anywhere else :) .. Come to think of it, I miss my home town, bangalore a lot.. I definitely miss my family, friends and everyone there but I do miss the place as well :( .. I remember when I was there this time for my vacation, I used to go to streets and places on my bike without any real reason, just to get a glimpse of it and a feel for the place where I spent most of my life...ofcourse 23 yrs is not a short period of time....

More later .....

Current Music: Chod Aaye Hum Woh Galiyan - Maachis

No comments:

Categories

Blog Archive

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.